Monday, December 19, 2011

Tis the Season

So today my Christmas cards will go out. Yeah on December 19th, I know but better late then never. This year is different then others... not because I don't like Christmas or not because I am not in the giving mood. But because these last 5 months have been a whirlwind of madness.

See in  August I closed on my lovely home. I closed on it, moved in and started making it my own all while my husband, then fiance was deployed. In October he came home from his deployment to a work in progress. Then 3 short weeks after he got home we got hitched. Yup.. we sure did. Did I mention while looking for houses, moving in and painting I planned our wedding? Since the wedding and honeymoon (We got back 23 Nov) I haven't really been in the holiday spirit. I am usually the best gift giver and I have themes for presents and its priceless to see my families faces when they open them. This year will be different. I got everyone presents but they are so off the wall and crazy unusual its killing me. I am still not finished shopping. I'm planning on finishing up tomorrow and Wednesday. Hopefully I can tie up all the lose ends and it will come together nicely. Oh and this year we will be spending Christmas at the B residence. First Christmas there and the first big mean being planned and cooked by little ole' me (I'm planning on bribing my mom to come early to make sure I don't mess things up).

Any good recipes for Ham and the fixins' let me know!

I'll leave you with one of the pictures we put on our Christmas Cards :)
Till next time...
Mrs.B

No comments:

Post a Comment