Sunday, July 15, 2012

24 Week Update + a bit of ranting










· How far along are you? 24 Weeks ( we go ^ every Saturday) 15 weeks left!!!
· Total weight gain: Weighed myself at home this morning and I was 191 

· Gender : it’s a GIRL! & her name is Skyler

· How big is baby?: According to the Bump she the size of a Cantaloupe. 10.5-11.8 inches & 12.7 - 20.8 ounces! 


· Maternity clothes: Still the same. Mostly maternity bottoms (unless they are gym shorts) and 99.8% my pre-pregnancy tops

· Stretch marks?: Nada. I'm praying I don't get any OR many. Here is to hoping!

· Wedding rings on or off?: I have my fakey that I wear when we go out or if I go to a work meeting.

· Sleep: Has been getting better. I swear I am like a 2 year old wanting naps every afternoon. I let myself have them though because I know once this little girl comes shes going to give me a run for my money!

· Best moment this week?: She is moving like crazy!!! A few days ago I thought I barley felt her but the following day I made notice to every little move and she's in there going to town! 

· Movement: Tons


· Food cravings: Not anything in particular but I am ALWAYS hungry it feels like/

· Food aversions: Oranges. Still.


· Labor signs: None at all. 


· Belly button in or out?: In. I can tell its stretching though. I don't want an outtie!!! My pregnancy belly ring came in and I am not going to change it until I must!


· What I miss: Cool weather. 


· What I'm looking forward to: Humm... July 30th is the next Dr. appointment and then there is a August 15th 4D ultrasound! & the 26th is my husbands birthday & the baby shower!


· Milestone: The 24 week mark!! Its so exciting to progress week to week. I love it. I love feeling her moving around. 




    So Mr.B and I are dragging our feet with this dresser project that we need to do. I want him and his buddies to get it out of the babies room so we can go out side and sand/primer/paint but he says its entirely too heavy and that we should just use a tarp and do it in Skylers room. This may sound fantastic but ALL I can picture is a crap ton of dust and me cleaning everything up. I guess if I let him do it his way though it will get done faster. Anyone ever paint a dresser? Any tips? I've read to sand enough to get the shiny coat off of the wood then it will be good to go for primer. Come on people I need motivation. ((UPDATE:: I just vented to Mr.B & he told me to stay home from work tomorrow and we could work on it - do I feel a cold coming along?))

    In my getting bigger stages I defiantly feel more irritated and less mobile. I don't like to bend over and heaven forbid I wear shoes that I need to tie. My goodness. I feel my face getting puffy I know it is baby related so I don't want you guys to think I am complaining about carrying a life inside of me but I'm just so not used to this.  

    I've also been thinking a lot about my career and school during the past week. I told my husband there is no way I want to go back to work where I currently am unless we absolutely NEED the money. I am am about 9 credits away from an associates in Fire Science and I'm planning on going to talk to someone from administration this week. I need to figure out what I need to do and what they would recommend for me to finish it up. Heck maybe I can take one online course this fall. Once I get back into the swing of going to school I think it will be easier to take more classes. Kinda backwards having a kid THEN going back to school... So much going through my head. I'm scared as heck with all these things looming over me. My career, this baby, the house work, going back to school.... It's a TON to think about but I know it will make me a better person & mom in the long run. 

xox
Mrs.B



No comments:

Post a Comment